Dr. Welsh is a specialist in vascular and interventional radiology, including uterine artery embolization, and prostate artery embolization (PAE) - a novel, minimally invasive treatment for prostatic symptoms.
- Radiology Residency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, 1990
- Rotating Internship, St. Thomas Hospital Medical Centre, Akron, Ohio, 1986
- Medical Degree (MD), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, 1985
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC), 1990
- Licentiate Medical Council of Canada, 1985