Dr. Jivraj completed his undergraduate studies at McGill University prior to medical school at the University of Alberta. Following a radiology residency in Calgary, he traveled to California completing a fellowship in cardiothoracic imaging at Stanford University. Upon return to Calgary, he completed a second fellowship in trans-thoracic echocardiography at the Libin Institute. He now has active staff radiology privileges at the Peter Lougheed Centre, Rockyview General Hospital, and South Health Campus.
Dr. Jivraj is also an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine. He has particular interests in the early detection of lung cancer, pulmonary hypertension, and leadership in the field of medicine. He frequently attends multi-disciplinary conferences to collaborate with his clinical colleagues. Dr. Jivraj is committed to the training of our future radiologists through case presentations and proctoring mock examinations.
Dr. Jivraj has traveled extensively, including teaching English as a second language in Japan and France prior to medical school. He loves technology and is often an early adopter of the latest gadgets. Dr. Jivraj has an active lifestyle and enjoys road cycling, golf and skiing.
Please refer to his LinkedIn profile for further details: www.linkedin.com/in/khalil-jivraj-radiologist
- Cardiothoracic Imaging
- Trans-thoracic Echocardiography, Libin Institute, Calgary, Alberta, 2018
- Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Imaging, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 2016
- Radiology Residency, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, 2015
- Medical Degree (MD), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, 2002
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC), 2015
- Licentiate, Medical Council of Canada (LMCC), 2012
- Alberta Medical Association
- Alberta Society of Radiologists
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Association of Radiologists
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada