Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Various Locations | Calgary, Alberta
Be a part of something bigger – we have opportunities for people who want to join a team that is passionate about delivering an unrivalled service to our patients, where we believe that patients should feel reassured that they’re in safe and knowledgeable hands and that the Mayfair employees serving them are truly committed to improving patients’ outcomes. Join our team at Mayfair, a leading provider of medical imaging and related services in community clinics across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Through our collection of state-of-the-art clinics, we deliver diagnostic imaging excellence and high-quality services to enhance patient care in 14 clinics, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures.
This position is responsible for the performance of nuclear medicine examinations in accordance to the standards, practices and code of ethics of CAMRT, ACMDTT, and Mayfair Diagnostics.
- Responsible for operating gamma cameras and accessory equipment, performing nuclear medicine examinations in accordance with CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists) and the ACMDTT (Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists) standards and practice and shall adhere to their Code of Ethics.
- Prepares equipment for usage each morning in accordance with standardized procedures as required.
- Ensures that materials, procedure area and patient are prepared for the procedure in all cases.
- Ensures the correct preparation, transport, storage and usage of radiopharmaceuticals in all cases.
- Ensures that the radiation is confined correctly to protect the patient and attending staff from unnecessary exposure.
- Certificate in Medical Radiation Technology in Nuclear Medicine from an accredited College or University.
- In possession of a current CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists) registration. Proof of registration required annually.
- Certification with a current ACMDTT (Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists) registration with license from Health Disciplines Board, AB. Proof of registration required annually.
- Experience using the GE Discovery 670 a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate as a team and work independently.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to keep up with a demanding daily workload.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and priority-setting skills.
- Knowledge of Canadian nuclear Safety Commission Regulations.
- Demonstrates superior nuclear imaging technological skills.
- Technically inclined and easily adaptable to new equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required.
Mayfair Diagnostics (formerly Radiology Consultants Associated) is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911. Mayfair offers private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations, and proudly serves more than 700,000 patients and provides more than 90,000 teleradiology interpretations each year.
Our vision is a world in which every person has clarity about their health. We are focused on the needs of our local communities in partnership with physicians and hospitals. We know that our employees are the key to our company’s success and future growth. If you’re a person who is motivated to go above and beyond, inspired by working with the best, and compelled to do the right thing, our organization is the right choice for you.