Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Musculoskeletal
Be a part of something bigger – help transform medical imaging in Canada by improving people’s lives, one focused image and one caring, compassionate human touch at a time. Through our 14 state-of-the-art clinics, Mayfair Diagnostics delivers diagnostic imaging excellence and high-quality services, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic, and interventional procedures in communities across Calgary and Regina, Saskatchewan.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to develop their skills by dealing with diverse medical histories for patients at our established and well known, state-of-art clinic in the heart of Regina. We offer a robust total rewards program at Mayfair and as a full time permanent employee you are eligible for:
- Well-rounded benefits including comprehensive extended health, dental, and vision coverage, plus an annual wellness spending account, RRSP company matching program, paid sick time, generous vacation allotment, annual uniform and education allowances, and paid professional dues.
- Competitive salary with annual increases.
- Access to internal advancement and specialty training opportunities with a focus on your career growth within our modalities, clinic management roles, as well as administrative support roles within our head office.
- Participation in our annual wellness and employee recognition programming. We offer a variety of events such as annual celebrations (Canadian Western Agribition, December holidays, etc.), regular activities hosted by our social committee and many more.
- Commitment to outstanding care of your patients, their loved ones, and their caregivers.
- Performance of high quality ultrasound examinations in a professional, timely, and safe manner.
- Use of good judgment when assessing cases to differentiate normal and abnormal findings.
- Ongoing knowledge of the day-to-day organization of the clinics.
- Assess current and future workloads.
- Ensure optimal operation of equipment, including troubleshooting and yearly quality assurance.
- Contribute as a team player and maintain a positive work environment.
- Other non-technical duties including maintaining a clean and safe work environment and compliance with Mayfair policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Active credentials and membership in good standings with Sonography Canada inclusive of liability insurance is required.
- Graduate of Diagnostic Medical Sonography from an accredited ultrasound program recognized by Sonography Canada or equivalent.
- Experienced in MSK Ultrasound required. Candidates with a strong willingness to be MSK trained may be considered. We offer sonographers MSK training support in the following ways; reimbursement upon successful completion of the Burwin MSK modules, MSK subspecialty Radiologists, and our comprehensive in-house training program.
- Demonstrated superior technological skills with proof of competency in abdominal, obstetric, pelvic, small parts, superficial structures, and general vascular ultrasound procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate as a team and work independently.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to keep up with a demanding daily workload.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and priority-setting skills.
- Technically inclined and easily adaptable to new equipment.
Mayfair Diagnostics (formerly Radiology Consultants Associated) is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911. Mayfair offers private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations, and proudly serves more than 700,000 patients and provides more than 90,000 teleradiology interpretations each year.
Our vision is a world in which every person has clarity about their health. We are focused on the needs of our local communities in partnership with physicians and hospitals. We know that our employees are the key to our company’s success and future growth. If you’re a person who is motivated to go above and beyond, inspired by working with the best, and compelled to do the right thing, our organization is the right choice for you.